CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
IEEE SECON 2014
11th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking
30 June – 3 July 2014 - Singapore
* IMPORTANT DATES
Conference dates 30 June - 3 July 2014
Workshops and Tutorial date 30 June 2014
* SCOPE: The eleventh annual IEEE SECON conference will provide a unique forum to exchange innovative research ideas, recent results, and share experiences among researchers and practitioners in the field of sensing and communication in wireless networks. The focus of SECON is novel communication technologies and emerging applications and services, involving mobile sensing and communication, cyber-physical systems, and ubiquitous and pervasive computing.
* KEYNOTE TALKS: (1) Leong Mun Yuen (Chief Technology Officer & Senior Director, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore). Title: Towards A Smart Nation, and (2) Nancy Cam-Winget (Distinguished Engineer, Cisco Systems, USA). Title: Securing the Internet of Things and Machine-to-Machine Communications. Speaker biographies and talk abstracts can be found athttp://secon2014.ieee-secon.org/content/keynotes.
* TECHNICAL PROGRAM: 67 papers have been selected for presentation in 17 technical sessions in areas such as RF Sensing and Energy Harvesting, Sensor Networks, Mobile and Social Networks, Participatory Sensing, and Security, Privacy and Trust. The complete list of accepted papers and detailed conference program can be found on-line at the conference web page: http://secon2014.ieee-secon.org/content/technical-program.
* WORKSHOPS: IEEE SECON 2014 features two workshops on 30 June 2014.
Note: registration for a Workshop enables complimentary access to the Tutorial on 30 June 2014, and vice-versa.
1. Workshop on Energy Harvesting Communications will focus on issues related to energy harvesting communications.
2. Workshop on Self-Organizing Wireless Access Networks for Smart City (SWANSITY) will focus on novel network deployment solutions to enable smart-city applications.
Detailed information can be found at http://secon2014.ieee-secon.org/program.
* TUTORIAL: "Recent Advances in Networking: Network Virtualization and Software Defined Networking for Cloud Computing", by Raj Jain (Fellow of IEEE, Fellow of ACM, Fellow of AAAS, winner of ACM SIGCOMM Test of Time award; Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis, USA). This full-day tutorial will take place on 30 June 2014. Detailed information can be found at http://secon2014.ieee-secon.org/content/tutorial.
Note: registration for Tutorial enables complimentary access to Workshops on 30 June 2014, and vice-versa.
* PANEL: The panel brings together people from academia and industry and will provide thought-provoking discussions on the hot topic of "Internet-of-Things (IoT): Promises, Challenges and Future Directions". The panel will take place on 2 July 2014.
* POSTERS/DEMOS: IEEE SECON 2014 includes a posters and demonstrations session which provides a forum to present and discuss works-in-progress and demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical implementations and novel approaches in the fields of sensor, mesh and ad hoc communication and networks. There will be a best poster and best demo award competition. Awards will be based on the novelty and the potential of the poster/demo to drive further research.
* VENUE: IEEE SECON 2014 will take place at University Town (Stephen Riady Centre) of the National University of Singapore (NUS) in Singapore. Details including information on accommodation and hotels can be found at http://secon2014.ieee-secon.org/hotel-travel.
* REGISTRATION: Please go to http://secon2014.ieee-secon.org/registration for online registration and information on fees. For main conference, you may register for the entire, or one day of the, conference. A separate registration applies for the Workshops/Tutorial. Note that registration for a Workshop enables complimentary access to the Tutorial on 30 June 2014, and vice-versa.